Thursday, February 09, 2006

Random thoughts of a voyager aboard a Ship of Fools

Here I am in a ship of fools, a ship that went unnoticed in time.

I don’t belong here, but I’m not allowed to say that, am I?

My comrades aren’t possessed, they need professional help,
Or maybe divine help, and they need lots of luck.

My ship (No its not!),
Is blue in color,
It’s wobbly and huge,
It keeps going in circles,
Round and round,
The wise men called it ‘Earth’.

Tell me Freud isn’t born yet, or tell me I’m living in a stupor.

I’m seasick, I’m ‘hear’sick, and ‘talk’sick
Basically, I ‘feel’ sick.
The whole ship stinks…

Ahoy, who goes there?
A Nazi? A Moslem? A Chinaman? A Caucasian?
A Hindu? A Buddhist? A believer? A Democrat?
A Communist? An agnostic? A Vagabond? A jehadi?
A junkie? A veggie? A nigger? A Spaniard? A hippie?
……my list is long…

S.O.S – Terrosits aboard !

This ship doesn’t have a raft; it doesn’t have a lifesaver either.

We’re running short of supplies…God (In case you exist) help us!

Oh man, we need fuel to keep this ship going….
These guys will stop at nothing to get their hands on the fuel.
I heard them conspiring war.
They’ll kill babies for fuel they said, and their comrades applauded.
They called it Justice.

There’s enough ammunition on this ship to destroy it 6 times over.
Noah, where are you?

12 Comments:

Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Dude that is an amazing piece of writing!! from what i've read of your work i'm sure this was the best! those cries, the disillusionment, the demarcations too good!

No one here gets out alive! ;)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Sujay Sukumar said...

Gee, thanks for the kind words.
I'm flattered.

Its true what u said...no one here gets out alive!!!!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Dush said...

It is true...we are living in a world full of corruption and conspiracy every where....beautifully written piece....it looks like there's no end to your talents...:):):)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Amzada said...

I agree with Mr. Freak. And I don't know why you reread it. It isn't that compelling. Really.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Sujay Sukumar said...

Maybe what u wrote wasnt compelling...Maybe its just the nonconformity of those thoughts..the freedom...the detachment...

My favourite line being...

"Mail my life to me in an unmarked brown package."

1:43 PM  
Blogger plg said...

Love the ending.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Sujay Sukumar said...

plg -> thanks.
dush -> thanks.

8:22 PM  
Blogger T said...

Sujay, have been reading stuff on your blog on and off, intnded to say this a long time back... Love the way you write, its interesting. esp this piece, nice!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Sujay Sukumar said...

tarang -> thanks

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey !! this is a neat one. its different.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Sujay Sukumar said...

castor-> thank you

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home