Friday, June 16, 2006

The Story So Far


After being tagged by Prmod and having passed the buck to others, I was just about catching my breath only to find myself re-tagged by White Magpie .... re-tagging is against the rules, even in case of a new tag, I just referred that from the Official Rule Book on Tags.


3rd June Saturday. One of my friends(A) was leaving to Bangalore and so he hosted a party in our friend’s(S's) house. Music, food, lights and booze was arranged for the party. The party was kick started with a toast; within seconds people were dancing, hooting and having a great time, while in the background snaps were being clicked. All of us were unaware of the world below us. Slowly my speech became slurry and I felt tipsy, and all of a sudden a fat old man barged right into the middle of the party with his sons…he wasn’t one among the invitees. This is what ensued:
Fat Old Man: “What the hell is going on here? This is not a disco…blah blah blah”
A: “Sir, Actually…”
Fat Old Man: “…blah blah…Residential Area…daughters…blah blah… alcohol.. girls..dancing…blah”
A: “I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I assure…”
Fat Old Man: “blah blah blah…this will be your last warning!”
…saying this the Old Man and his sons disappeared in a cloud of cigarette smoke.

Music off. Silence.
A muffled curse…a few giggles.

“Lets all go on a long drive…whadd’yall say”?
Cheers. Flourish.
Ya, I know drunken driving is illegal, but nobody admits to being drunk at times like these.
Some of them wanted to be dropped off at their/friend’s homes. The others joined the drive. 40 kms from where we started it started drizzling, a very thin sheet of rain. The drive was through paddy fields and marshy areas. Our headlights startled a host of rabbits, rodents and other scurrying animals that fled away from the road. There were eriee noises and an orchestra of crickets and toads. Slowly the drizzle turned to rain. Most of us love getting drenched in the rain. So we all braved the rain. Sneeze. We got lost, and discovered a new way back into the city. Sneeze. Got home at 2:30 am. Sneeze. Zzzz…

04th June Sunday. The whole ob nesht day went bery norbal, eshcept obcourshe for the darn cold.

05th June Monday. I started feeling feverish as I approached office in the morning. I brushed the feeling off as Monday blues and recomposed myself. I scanned my official mail for threatening mails, found none. My Project Lead passed by with his characteristic snicker, and just then I felt an eerie sickness overcoming me. It was like a sour, cold thing passing through my body. I was feeling cold. Concerned colleagues told me I looked pale and gave me weird looks all the time. Soon people started standing up and sticking out their necks from their workstations to catch a glimpse of the medical disaster that was me. All the attention psyched me into sickness. We have this very good lady in our project who came up to me touched my brow and asked me to leave by the very next bus. God bless her. I went home with an aching throat and slept.

Next day(06th June Tuesday) the doctor told me I had Pharyngitis. (Defn: Pharyngitis is the inflammation of the pharynx). In English, we call it throat infection. I was advised to stay at home for at least two days and follow the course of antibiotics. I was to gargle with some diluted brown goo that I imagined to be tasting like turpentine (No, I haven’t tasted turpentine). After my buddies left the house I started to miss being in my workplace. I tried watching TV, there were ads of great programs to be aired the next week, meanwhile I had to watch repeat shows of Investigation Serials and football match highlights. Suddenly as i surfed the channels, I happened to see this cooking show and a lamp glowed over my head. I called the provision store below our appartment and asked them to send over the grocery required. I started cooking. I made omlettes, French toasts, Macaroni and lots of Tea. 3 days of rest, cooking and Roald Dahl followed.

Soon the weekend arrived and early Saturday(10th June Monday) morning I flew for Bangalore. Bangalore had a great weather. My sister and my nephew (8 yrs) were at my parent’s in Bangalore for the summer. I spent most of my time playing with the kid. Puzzles, scrabble, computer games. I suddenly decided that the kid needed more activities outdoor so armed with badminton rackets and a shuttle cock I dragged him out and handed him the racket. Soon we were playing a great game; he loved to smash. Things were just turning to be good fun, suddenly the kid trips and bruises his knee and ankle. So much for physical activities. Something told me my sister wasn’t very pleased with the outdoor activity idea of mine.

I wanted to take the family car out for a spin. My dad told me the car had ‘some’ problems, I agreed to look into them. When i took the car to the service station the technician told me the battery had to be changed and the headlight switch assembly had to be changed this was going to cost a lot of money, and the fuel prices put together I was as close to being broke as I had ever been. I used most of the money I had left and bought myself a bus ticket back home.

This week one of my buddies went back home as he is getting married on the 22nd . Nothing else happened this week. Absolutely nothing.

12 Comments:

Blogger che sara sara said...

ha ha...at ur story....
i had partied a lot ...the last three weeks...every pub...had our names...lol
me landed in col n cough...who cares...when its party ...

10:21 AM  
Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Heh! Aaah! was wondering wat you were upto, while in bangalore!! you sure had a wonderful time coupled with adventure!! Its sad how those neighbour stereo-types are everywhere in bangalore :/ the drive would have been gooooood fun! thats one thing that i'm totally up for at ANY given time!! Cheers!

5:54 PM  
Blogger aria said...

So it wasn't all that bad - getting sick after the party. You had fun with the family - the kid.. the car ... and all that.
Happening week ..

5:33 PM  
Blogger T said...

aha so that's why we weren't priviliged enuf to meet u that weekend!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Known Stranger said...

hey. me sad. oh my good ness.. hey.. sujay never intepret that i will be in the feeling of what i write with out falling into the emotions i pen. i am smiling. hey.. but thanks you cared. i am a person who will never fallinto the emotions i write and many a times i express others feelings even this was influenced by watching a gal with tears at a beach

5:22 PM  
Blogger Echoes said...

hey,

great writing..

nice reading about all the 'fun' and enjoyment you had huh? hows larry now? left you in peace i hope?

nice reading.. enjoyed it..

take care dude! continue having fun and regaling us with your tales of fun!

5:56 PM  
Blogger d4u said...

Thanx 4 dropping by my blog:)

8:06 PM  
Blogger hoodawg said...

Sounds like you're keeping it real, Sujay - hope you feel better!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

It sounded like it was a kick ass party, too bad it ended the way it did

11:17 PM  
Blogger T said...

hey u real busy these days? not writing much....

5:12 PM  
Blogger Monami Roy said...

wow. n u call this nothing?
enuf actions...
maybe there's a bad karma, really(i'm psyched). which sez.."dont drink n drive. in case u'd driven that is. if not maybe u'd killed 40 pigmies in africa in your last birth.
jus dropped by.
nice blog.
peace..!!
\m/

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Undelete partion xp Health insurance companies reject claims oxycontin Cabinet stereo vintage Running away with me pete yorn Info on medical malpractice law suites

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home